How to become a Friend of The Rudes!
We are particularly appreciative of the work and support of the Friends group – and we have to acknowledge the constant stream of financial support we have had from the Friends and supporters of The Rudes, which of course is very welcome. However, while we do need donations, they really are not the main reason we value you as Friends – and in order to make this clear, we are making a major change in our relationship with our Friends…
We are abandoning the membership fee and annual renewal will be automatic unless you tell us otherwise.
What matters most is your practical support and that might consist of several things:
- Promoting our work to your friends, family and colleagues
- Running front of house & selling our merchandise at performances
- Putting up posters & distributing flyers for us
- Organising performances in your own communities
- Volunteering to make costumes for us
- Volunteering with practical work, such as building stages, stage furniture, or painting the pageant wagon
Of course, we know you like making donations, so there will be several opportunities to do that:
- When you buy tickets for our shows via our website you can if you wish make a £1 or £5 donation, or more if you wish
- Once a year we will have an appeal to raise funds. If you want to give you can; if you don’t, or can’t, that is fine, too
- At the bottom of this page there is a link through which you can make a donation as and when you wish with no obligation
- Also, watch out for new schemes we will be introducing soon
If you are a Friend already…
If you have joined in the past we will automatically include you on our Friends’ list. The newsletters come out every two months via email and occasionally, if we have something special to tell you, more frequently. We can’t undertake to send newsletters through the post. If you don’t receive the email and you know you’ve signed up as a Friend in the past, then contact us via our contact page and we’ll make sure you are on the list.
If you want to become a Friend…
If you would like to become a Friend or would like to hear more about what it involves, then send us your details via our contact page. The benefits of being a Friend include:
- You will receive a regular bimonthly newsletter
- Exclusive information about our new projects
- Fascinating background on the commedia dell’arte
- Special offers and discounts on Rudes’ merchandise
- Invitations to special events
So…why not join now?!
If you would like to, then follow the newsletter sign-up link in the top right hand corner of the page & tell us you want to become a Friend. Note that if you don’t tell us you want to become a Friend, then we will just send you the two advertising newsletters in the Spring and early Summer saying where we can be found, not the the bimonthly newsletter which is just for the Friends.
Or you can…
Make a donation now
Make a donation by clicking HERE